NMHI’s Mission: To deliver exceptional care, by a compassionate team, for a healthier world.
NMHI’s Vision: To be innovative leaders in patient care, trusted partners in healthcare management services and to demonstrate character and kindness in all that we do.
- Hard work: We are committed to the belief that diligence and commitment to all that we do results in personal fulfillment and superior performance.
- Excellence: We are committed to excellence in all that we do in leadership, quality of care and customer service.
- Accountability: We are committed to an environment that values professional maturity, personal responsibility and peer to peer accountability.
- Respect: People Matter. We are committed to kindness, respect, graciousness and patience.
- Trust: We are committed to relationships that are built on courtesy, respect, honesty and integrity.
Our physicians have been committed to providing over 42,000 patients with the highest quality diagnostic, interventional, and preventive cardiovascular care for over thirty years. Credited with designing and building cardiac transplant programs and sophisticated cardiac care facilities at Presbyterian and St. Joseph’s hospitals, the founders of the New Mexico Heart Institute charted the beginnings of excellent cardiovascular care throughout New Mexico.
Today, the New Mexico Heart Institute is the largest private cardiology practice in the state serving patients in 25 different New Mexican communities, with care delivered in Albuquerque and Santa Fe.
NMHI practices state-of-the-art medicine by employing the latest cardiovascular imaging and fully integrated interventional, cardio-thoracic, and vascular surgical approaches. The Institute’s services, a number of which are conducted in conjunction with the Heart Hospital of New Mexico, located next door, address a full-range of preventive, diagnostic, treatment, surgical, and rehabilitation needs.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about the services we provide, how to prepare for examinations and treatments, as well as introduce you to our team of world-class cardiologists.